Thursday, June 2, 2011

Debut Author Spotlight ... Tom Blubaugh

Inspired by Rock & Roll
by Tom Blubaugh

I started writing in the mid 1950’s when I was inspired by the introduction of rock & roll music. I started writing poems with the dream of them being converted to song lyrics and recorded. This never happened, but it introduced me to the world of writing. It wasn’t until 1971 that I started writing seriously.

My first published article was in a denominational magazine. In 1974 I self-published a book about the bus ministry. In the 1980’s I was published in an insurance publication.

All of my writing, until 2005, was nonfiction. This was when I started writing Night of the Cossack. I began with just a few facts about my maternal grandfather who died a year before I was born. I wrote mainly for myself, but later for my children and grandchildren.

A member of my family read my story and thought I should try to publish it. I joined a critique group and they agreed with my family member, so I then developed a website to try to make my name known. I placed a link to the first chapter on the home page. A person I knew asked me to help him develop a website for his new independent publishing company. I showed him my site—not to promote my book, but to show him some creative ideas. He went home and he and his wife read the first chapter. They asked me if they could read the whole manuscript and then asked me if I would allow them to publish the story—historical fiction. I agreed and it was released on April 5, 2011.


NIGHT OF THE COSSACK
by Tom Blubaugh

Bound by Faith Publishers, April 2011
256 pages

Night of the Cossack is a compelling adventure about a teenager who is forced to grow up quickly. The main character, Nathan Hertzfield faces many life or death situations during his saga.Join Nathan on his exhilarating journey through parts of Russia and Europe during the early 1900's. Don't miss the adventure and suspense in the riveting story.

Tom Blubaugh is a freelance writer. He has written nonfiction most of his adult life. He resides with his wife Barbara in Southwest Missouri where he is currently writing fiction. Tom and Barbara have six children and fourteen grandchildren. In addition to writing, Tom loves macro photography.
http://tomyblu.com/

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Tom, for sharing your publication journey with us. I love seeing how God worked in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda, Thank you for hosting me. I greatly appreciate it. Blessings, Tom Blubaugh, Night of the Cossack, http://tomblubaugh.com

    ReplyDelete